Highlights: January is named for the Roman god Janus, often portrayed with two faces; one looking back in contemplation, one looking forward in anticipation. It’s a month where I spend a lot of time in the office planning the details of the coming year, and also looking back at what worked and what needs to be changed.
We’ve got some big changes coming this year, including a vastly more challenging canoe expedition, two Wilderness Bushcraft Semester courses instead of one, a new kids program and a series of self reliance workshops we’re running together with a local non-profit. We’re also running two alumni trips in February and March: one in the Florida everglades, and one in Minnesota’s boundary waters. We hope to see you on the trail!
- 1/25-1/26: Hot Tent Winter Camping Overnight
- 2/1: School Of The Forest
- 2/2-2/15: Boreal Snowshoe Expedition
- 2/18-2/28: Boundary Waters Snowshoe Expedition
- 3/2-3/9: Florida Everglades Canoe And Fishing Expedition
- See all on the JMBS Calendar