I’m headed back to Canoecopia in March for a presentation on wilderness survival for paddlers titled “How To Avoid Becoming One With Nature Through The Composting Process.” As such I wanted to be clear about what you won’t hear in my survival presentations:
1. Long, drawn out discussion of equipment; kit is secondary, knowledge is primary.
2. Acronyms that are supposed to explain it all.
3. Cute variations of the word survival (ex. thrival).
4. Proclaiming that the skills I teach are universal and will apply anywhere. They won’t.
5. Dogmatic or spiritual approaches to outdoor living.
The focus is on practicality, reality, and honesty. For a review and information on what’s in my presentations, check out Bryan Hansel’s Nessmucking blog.