We’re going to start our weather observation and prediction course on BushcraftSchool.com soon. It will be our first course there, with many more to come. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A copy of Eric Sloane’s Weather Book. It’s a required text for our semester courses.
- A barometer of some sort. We recommend a watch with a barometer as described in this blog post.
- A compass or some way to know the cardinal directions.
- A cloud chart to identify what type of clouds you are looking at. This can be paper or online.
- A Google account so you can use Google Docs. This is where we document our learning.
This course is the same one we run as part of our immersion programs at the field school. We are running it for our immersion program students, but it will be open to anyone who is interested. The tuition will be a special introductory price of $10. For current students and alumni, tuition will be waived. More details will be coming soon at BushcraftSchool.com.
BushcraftSchool.com is our private online network and online learning platform. It is free to join.