Highlights: No newsletter last month because we were off the grid in the North Maine Woods. We had a great 4-week canoe course in May, and I’m out of the woods with surprisingly few bug bites. The month started with a stretch of hot and dry weather. It was 85 degrees and there was a fire ban on the day we put in on Chase Pond at the beginning of the course. It didn’t take long for the rain to start, though, and once it did it rained off and on (mostly on) for the rest of the month. It stayed cool, which kept the bugs at bay. We covered a lot of ground and got into some great fishing. We ran the Aroostook and paddled the headwater lakes of the Allagash, and had a great time doing it.
- 6/9-6/15 – Riverman Course – ME
- 6/16-6/22 – Woodsman Course – ME
- 6/24-6/27 – East Branch Penobscot Canoe Trip – ME
- 6/29 – Bushcraft Fundamentals – NH
- 6/30 – Edible Wild Plant Walk – NH
- See all upcoming programs on our Calendar.